When it comes to the perfect chicken roast, it’s that golden colour on the skin with the chicken meat sliced to perfection, juicy, and so perfectly cooked.
In part 1, we share 6 secrets to a perfect roast chicken.
1. Make your stuffing the night before and don’t refrigerate it but keep it in a cool place. If, however, you do need to refrigerate it, make sure that you bring it up to room temperature before using it.
2. Clean out and dry the cavity of your chicken before you put in the stuffing.
3. Turn the wings so that the tips are under the chicken. This helps to cook the chicken evenly.
4. Roast the chicken on a low rack. This will help to cook the chicken evenly.
5. Test the chicken with a thermometer and take it out of the oven when the legs reach 68 degrees. You’ll also be able to see it’s cooked when the juices run clear or the meat is starting to come off the bone.
6. Resting the meat allows the juices to seep back through the meat.
If you want to try something new, head on over to our recipe section.